THE BENEFITS OF COMPLIMENTING OTHERS.

0

Most people spend their entire lives in search of happiness. While searching for happiness often leads people in various directions, it all starts with a decision.
Perhaps you feel you cannot truly be happy until you find a spouse, get a certain job, drive a certain car, or reach the spiritual height you are seeking. Or perhaps you are a person that is normally happy but you have declined in your level of happiness due to a broken heart, health issue, or financial situation.
While you may not have complete control over the situation, you can still decide to have happiness in your heart in spite of the situation. Challenges in this life are inevitable despite how much money you have or what position you hold. It is our responsibility to help each other maintain happiness when these challenges present themselves. I believe that when we make it our business to help others maintain their happiness through trying times, we automatically become happier in the process.
In my personal experience, I have found that the easiest way to spread happiness to others is simply paying compliments. I make it a point to pay as many compliments each day as possible. Why do I do this? Because it lifts the spirits of others and lifts my own in the process.
Paying compliments is very easy to do. If I see a person in a nice suit I make a point of telling them so. If a friend has a new hairstyle, new shoes, new earrings, or anything else I notice and I compliment them.
But what if you don't like their new hairstyle? Then find something else to compliment. Maybe they have on nice perfume or cologne. There is always a way to pay a genuine compliment.
I have found that when I am in a sad or bad mood, one of the easiest ways to help myself out of that mood is to compliment someone. When I do this at least 1 of 3 things usually happens:
1) Paying them the compliment makes them feel good.
2) Making that person happy makes me feel good and my mood is changed.
3) If the person was someone I didn't know very well a conversation starts and I make a new friend.
If you do not believe that making others happy will make you happy then I simply dare you to give it a try. Maybe you do not have the money or other resources to help solve someone's issue. But that is not the only way to make someone happy. The power of words is an amazing thing.
You never know the affect a compliment can have on someone. It just may be the only nice thing they hear all day. It may be just the positive push they needed to work through a difficult situation. I believe that when someone else is lifted by a compliment and their mood is changed, we unconsciously and positively affect the others who will later come in contact with that person.
"Happiness is the only good. The time to be happy is now. The place to be happy is here. The way to be happy is to make others so." 
Tchao.

0 comments: