TONI BRAXTON SAYS THAT SHE WANTS TO PLAY LESBIAN IN A MOVIE.. SHE WANTS TO GO ALL THE WAY.

0
After selling 60 million records and winning six Grammys, Toni Braxton is ready for the change. The "Un-Break My Heart" singer and reality star is retiring from her music career and looking to transition into acting full time, reports theGrio. "For what I do I have to love it. I have to feel that excitement and it's gone," says the 45-year-old. "I'm just not going to do any albums anymore; maybe touring occasionally here and there because I love performing, but not as much as I did in the past. But no new projects."

Braxton turned to acting several years ago, after being diagnosed with the autoimmune disease lupus, starring in her own reality show, Braxton Family Values, and enjoying two successful turns on Broadway in Beauty and the Beast and Aida. Now, Braxton is ready for more.

"I would like to play a lesbian," she said. "I don't know why. And do a whole make-out scene and the whole thing; just something completely different than people would expect from me. Not a lipstick lesbian, either."

Her new focus on acting, she added, was partly to get away from reality television. "I hate to have 'reality star' behind my name," she adds. "That's just not what I wanted to be when I grew up."

Despite bumps in the road, Toni has managed to succeed at everything she tries, so we expect to see her on the big screen in no time.

Get ready for the BET Experience, featuring Beyoncé, Snoop Dogg, R. Kelly, Erykah Badu, Kendrick Lamar and many more. Go here for more details and info on how to buy tickets.

BET.com is your #1 source for Black celebrity news, photos, exclusive videos and all the latest in the world of hip hop and R&B music.

Like my Facebook page at
THE LILLY MELODY SHOW



0 comments: