Octavia Spencer Lost 20 Pounds:- REAL TALK!

0
Octavia Spencer won an Oscar for her performance in "The Help," but the actress doesn't need any assistance when it comes to opening up about her latest achievement -- losing weight!

Octavia recently dropped 20 pounds with the help of Sensa. In an exclusive chat, the affable Alabama native opens up about Hollywood's weight obsession, how getting naked is a part of the weight-loss process and why the world is so focused on Kim Kardashian's weight ...

How has your life changed since you lost the weight?

"My life is still the same. I have a great group of friends and a great family and we're supportive of each other. My lifestyle is the thing that has changed, especially when I'm making food choices. Before, I would always gravitate towards anything with you know, pizza in it. And now, I don't eat like that anymore, I'm going to always continue to eat what I want, but I feel that in losing weight and becoming healthier, I have a healthier outlook."

Do you have a goal in mind?

"For me, it's not about trying to look like the people in the magazine, because guess what, they all get airbrushed. They don't look like that in real life. At the end of the day, it's what you look like in your mirror with your clothes off. If you're not happy with how you look like with your clothes off, because that's the only thing that matters, is what you think of you. Stop looking at that scale."

Since you've experienced a rise in profile and status in Hollywood, has your perception changed of how Hollywood views weight issues?

"It hasn't changed because people view weight in Hollywood the same as they view weight in general; it's taboo and there's a stigma attached to women and people of a certain size. That's just the way it is and it's not just Hollywood. It's pervasive in every industry."

When it comes to the issue of weight, all of the focus lately has fallen on Kim Kardashian and her pregnancy weight gain. Do you feel Kim is being treated fairly?

"Kim Kardashian's weight is an issue because before she was pregnant, her body is what people were interested in, so now that there's a change in her body, of course they're going to talk about her change in weight. But people need to also remember that she is carrying a child and women's bodies change and the baby has to be healthy. So everybody needs to take a deep breath and let this woman bring her child into the world, then let her get her body back."

So tell me, what made you decide to partner with Sensa?

"I decided to partner with Sensa because of their product. If you sprinkle it on your food consistently, you'll lose weight. And I'm like, OK, 'I don't have to go on a meal plan?' OK, convince me, show me and it did. And it's been wonderful -- it's been remarkable. There's a freedom that I feel now that I've never felt with any type of relationship with food."

Why did you pick Sensa over the other weight-loss products on the market?

"I've tried a lot of things, but what's different about my career now is you know I'm in L.A. today, I might be in New York tomorrow. And if I was on a food program and I was in L.A. today, and had to be in New York tomorrow for two days, what am I going to do with the food delivery system? Or what am I going to do about my trainer or if they don't have one available to me? Sensa fits into my purse. I can take it out to sprinkle it on the food that I'm eating on the plane. I can sprinkle it on whatever I'm having at the restaurant at the hotel. It integrates into my life very easily and consistently and that's what I needed."

What was your relationship with food before?

"Like any person, you eat when you're happy, you eat when you're sad, you eat, eat, eat. So now, I eat when I'm happy and eat when I'm sad, I just sprinkle, sprinkle, sprinkle. That's the difference is I have respect for it."

I remember when you were backstage at the SAG Awards and the subject of your weight came up and you said something like you just didn't feel healthy …

"No, I would say that was a big lie. I never said that I don't feel healthy, that is what was perpetuated in what they wrote. What I said was that at this stage in my life and my career, I found it interesting that on a night when I had been honored by my peers, the first question was, 'How do you feel about the skinny women and about weight in Hollywood?' And I'm like, really? You're going to ask me about weight, when my damn award has nothing to do with f---ing weight? So, let's just be honest. So my attitude is the same, with that regard. I am happy with my body. I am a lot happier this year than I was last year with my body. People come in all shapes and sizes and we can always be a little healthier. It's not about the number on the scale for me, it's about the number on the tape measure around my middle."

Do you work out?

"I was working out with a trainer before I started because I need to have a date. I need to have some sort of partnership with somebody because it's easier to say, 'No, I don't feel like doing that today.' Now, I'm changing it up and I'm doing Pilates twice a week and I'm walking because you have to walk everywhere so why not get used to doing that?"

I did some research on you and couldn't find anything on your relationship history. Are you currently dating anyone?

"I don't think dating lives should be out there for the world to see. That's exactly why you couldn't find it, honey! You know, because the minute you break up with somebody, that's exactly what they're going to ask you about on the press line. I think those two things, my personal life and my work life are very separate, and I keep them very separate."


What's up next for you?

"I've got a lot going on work-wise; I've got 'Call Me Crazy' airing on Lifetime on April 20. It's the next installment in their 'Five' film family. ... And I'm thrilled to be a part of it because the project sheds light on mental illness. Then the next thing I have coming out is 'Fruitvale,' due out in July and based on the real-life story of Oscar Grant, who was killed on New Year's Eve in 2008. That film tackles a very sensitive subject and one that resonated with me on a very personal level, so I was happy to be a part of it. And then at some point I have a Diablo Cody movie coming out and one starring Chris Evans and Tilda Swinton called 'Snowpiercer.' And then I have a children's book coming out in October that I wrote. I'm just being busy, I love being busy."



















0 comments: