WHAT'S BUZZING AT THE 2014 ACADEMY AWARDS

0

Her Shining Moment


Watching Lupita Nyong'o win the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress was a beautiful moment. "Yeeeeessss!" She said upon taking the stage, before launching into a beautiful acceptance speech. "It doesn't escape me for one moment

that so much joy in my life is thanks to so much pain in someone else's. I want to salute the spirit of Patsy for her guidance," the Kenya-born, Yale-educated actress said, paying tribute to the character she played in "12 Years a Slave" -- her first movie role.


She went on to thank her co-stars and director Steve McQueen, telling him how grateful she was that he'd put her in this position. "It has been the joy of my life," she added. After thanking her family, including her Oscar date -- her brother Junior -- Lupita drew the audience from its seats with her final words: "When I look down at this golden statute, may it remind me and every little child that no matter where you're from, your dreams are valid."


I love her.


Like us on Facebook 

@TheLillyMelodyShow

0 comments: