Robin Roberts Released From Hospital, Continues Recovery At Home [VIDEO]

0

robin-roberts-hospital-1Robin Roberts has been released from the hospital. After spending a month in a NYC hospital to receive a life-saving bone marrow transplant, the “Good Morning America” co-anchor was sent home this week.
“Part of my motivation is to come back to you, the wonderful ‘GMA’ audience,” Roberts said in a video that aired on the ABC show this morning. “We’ve often called you family, and it never felt more like family.”
“Each day I get stronger and stronger. I am fond of saying, ‘This Too Shall Pass.’ And even in some dark moments, of which there are still a few, I now see that light at the end of the tunnel. This too really shall pass.”
Robin who has chronicled her journey on her ABC blog posted:
“After exactly one month in the hospital dreaming of this day, I am finally home. My sisters Sally-Ann and Dorothy were here to help me make the transition. I’ll be adding that to the long list of things for which I am grateful.”
Roberts thanked her sister Sally-Ann, her bone marrow donor:
“My doctors tell me her cells are making themselves right at home and with the grace of God, I pray that they will continue to do so.”
Take a look at the video:
Follow me on @MelodyLY  Twitter

0 comments: