Nicki Minaj Criticizes Barbara Walters For False Report On Mariah Carey Feud

0


Follow @MelodyLY on Twitter
In the days immediately after footage leaked from the "American Idol" set, showing Nicki Minaj unleashing some scathing words at Mariah Carey, the YMCMB rapper remained mum save for a few quick tweets. But the second episode of her E! special "My Truth," gives fans a much better idea of how she really felt about it all.
Nicki first broached the topic in a conversation with Young Money president Mack Maine right after the video leaked, explaining her efforts to remain calm. "20 minutes before that happened, she egged me on and I walked off — I stormed off the stage because didn't wanna do that," she said. "So I left and when I came back it was another jab."
"She's admitted that she did not want another female doing the show, thinking somebody's coming to steal her shine," Nick added. "And nitpicking, nitpicking, nitpicking — I don't do well with that passive aggress sh--. I'm not gonna allow it no more. I can't. I work and keep it moving, I don't even f--- with the people in this business."
The second time the subject comes up, we find Nicki on a a flight after hearing Barbara Walters' comments about the situation on a new episode of "The View." Needless to say, she was irritated, and had a few words for Ms. Walters.
"I really felt good when I left yesterday and then I hear that Mariah went to Barbara Walterswith some more fabrication that even the producers told her was never said," she said. "Telling Barbara I said something about a gun, which everybody knows that I'm way smarter than that. Literally my jaw was just hanging open and I was in shock. I've never in my life said anything regarding a gun."
Despite her best efforts to remain mum in hopes that the storm would die down, things only got more hairy. "Am I not good enough for you to get my side, because I'm a little black girl that raps?" Minaj said, addressing Walters . "Because if I was J. Lo, you would've called J. Lo's camp. But are we not good enough for you Barbara? 'Cause you wasn't even there when I was on the show Barbara. So I guess I'm not good enough but I'm only good enough for you to tell people I'm 'unpredictable,' when you don't f-----g know me?"
Though critics really took aim at Nicki in the days following the leaked video, she remains shocked at the extent of the backlash. "Why would I wanna have a rift with someone I've looked up to my whole life?" she asks, incredulously. "I've loved her and even told her that in the meeting. Actually I'm happy that Mariah's on the panel because I think that's a great thing. You've got one of the best singers than ever sang ever in the world. Ain't nothing wrong with that, but the fact that you had a problem with me being on there and that's why there's an issue."

0 comments: